Pet Friend Tortoise Soil Bedding Substrate
100% Natural Substrate That Helps Retain Vivarium Moisture & Humidity
Pond Friend Tortoise soil is a coir based coconut fibre with excellent water retaining properties. It is 100% natural and eco friendly with no disposal issues, when it comes to replacing soiled substrate can be thrown on the compost heap where it will naturally decompose making wonderful planting compost.
Available in 6, 12 and 24 litre carry bags it makes an excellent substrate for other reptile, amphibian and insect species.
- COCO COIR BASED SUBSTRATE. Retains moisture making it ideal for younger Tortoise that require a higher humidity substrate which helps reduce the dangers of shell pyramiding in their early growth.
- STIMULATES NATURAL BURROWING. Tortoises love to dig and the non clogging nature of Tortoise Soil enables even the youngest to do so who often bury themselves completely at dusk reemerging in the morning after a stress free night hidden in the soil.
- PERFECT MIXING MEDIA. Tortoise soil when used on its own makes an excellent substrate for tortoises and other species but can also be mixed with garden soil. The properties of the coconut fibres blend with the soil helping to prevent it clogging together under vivarium lights. The excellent water retaining properties of the fibres gives this bedding good flexibility in humidity control and by perfect substrate mix
- 100% NATURAL ORGANIC SUBSTRATE. Produced from coconut fibres Tortoise Soil is a natural eco friendly product that is biodegradable and can be disposed off on the compost heap.
- INSTRUCTIONS. Evenly spread a two to three inch layer of Tortoise Soil over the base of the enclosure and add water via a spray to achieve the correct moisture content for the species in question. Spot clean as necessary and replace every four to six weeks. Please note a heat mat should not be used under the substrate.