Fluval Filters - External
The new Fluval 06 range of external aquarium filters has been based on the highly successful 05 series. Fluvals 05 series were engineered to provide better filtration, quicker maintenance and quieter operation and the new 06 series has had a few additional updates to make this impressive range of external aquarium filters even better.
There are four models in the Fluval 06 Series Aquarium External Canister Filter range including the 106, 206, 306 and 406. They are suitable for tropical, coldwater and marine aquariums up to around 400 litres.
One of the features I particularly like is the detachable aqua stop valve which incorporates an adjustable flow control and simply clicks onto the lid of the filter. This valve enables very quick and clean detachment of the filter hoses making cleaning easy. Fluval external filters have a self priming system and two solid clamps that snap into place to connect or disconnect the filter head from the bucket containing the media. The rectangular shape of the filter means it holds 30 – 50% more media than the traditionally shaped canisters and allows better water distribution flows through the canister giving increased filter efficiency. The Filter includes three trays to house mechanical, chemical and biological filter media so these medias can be cleaned independently of each other. The 06 Fluval filter is quieter than its predecessor thanks to improvements made to the impellor cover which has had additional acoustic dampening material added to it.
Fluval 06 External Filter Features Include:
- Improved motor hydraulic performance that reduces maintenance frequency, increases flow rates and head pressure.
- Enhanced water filtration performance for cleaner, healthier water.
- Better biological filtration, with the addition of Bio-Foam media.
- Sound-dampening impeller design for 8 to 15% quieter operation.
- Redesigned impeller cover that’s less prone to breakage.
- Re-engineered efficient priming system for easier starting.
- Stronger lift-lock clamps for more secure closure.
- Hose lock nuts improves security
The following video demonstrates the setting up of the Fluval External Aquarium Filter and many of the new features. To buy the filter or view further details please select the relevant filter image from below the video.